A D M I S S I O N R E Q U I R E M E N T S
NACC PSW 2015 PROGRAM & BUSINESS COURSES
(FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS)
International Student Program Application Form (download it here)
University /College Diploma & Transcript of Records or Comparative Evaluation of
Credentials evaluated by World Education Services (if available). Applicants without previous
credentials can apply as a Mature Student.
Mature Students must take the Entrance Test – Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE
IV) and pass with a score of 11 to qualify for entry.
English Proficiency Requirements are as follows for consideration (if available). *Applicable
for applicants if English is NOT the first language.
Proof of Medical Clearance Check (indicating that the applicant is fit to complete all
components of the program and has up-to-date immunization status. Immunization for Hepatitis
B for non-immune applicants is recommended)
Proof of Criminal Record Check (Individuals who have a criminal record may be unable to
participate in the clinical placement and therefore will be unable to graduate)
Copy of Passport
Resume with Picture ID
Health Insurance Coverage (click here for a list of Canadian Insurance brokers)
TWO Reference Professional Letters
International Processing Fee of $500 CAD (non-refundable)
ISP admission guidelines
ISP ADDMISSION GUIDELINES
Application to Osilla Institute’s PSW Certificate Program for International Students are divided into 3 phases. Students can use these guidelines to meet the requirements outlined in our Admission Requirements.
Applicants must apply for a *Study Permit/Visa in order to take the PSW Program here in Canada. The application process starts with Citizenship & Immigration Canada or you may consult for professional assistance from a licensed Canadian Immigration Consultant.
Prospective students are encouraged to start the Study Permit application process concurrently with the PSW Certificate Program application for smoother and quicker processing times.
I. DOCUMENTS & FEE SUBMISSION TO OSILLA INSTITUTE
- Applicant must email Osilla Institute for Health Personnel a Letter of Intent to apply and study for Personal Support Worker Certificate Program
- Complete an ISP Application form
Send the ISP Application Form by email/mail/courier along with the following documents:
– University/College diploma, Transcript of Records & comparative evaluation from World Education Services (if available)
– Proof of English Proficiency (if applicable) e.g., IELTS or TOEFL (if available)
– Resume with 2 x ID pictures
– Copy of Passport
– Copy of Criminal Record Check or Police Clearance
– Two Character Reference Letters
- Pay the Processing Fee of $500 CAD (non-refundable) **
- Send to email: email@example.com
- Mail to: Osilla Institute – 220-4915 Bathurst St. North York, Ontario M2R 1X9
*All documents must be submitted to Osilla Institute to obtain a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to
be included with their Study Permit application. However, an LOA from Osilla Institute does
NOT guarantee an approval for a student permit. Student applicant still needs to comply with
Immigration Canada’s Study Permit requirements.
**This amount is refundable if your application for a Student Visa/Permit is denied by the Canadian Embassy. A refund request must be received in writing within 60 days with the refusal letter from the Canadian Embassy.
II. BEFORE & UPON ARRIVAL TO CANADA
- Make arrangements for your accommodation in Canada
- Obtain health insurance coverage in Canada and provide copy to Osilla Institute
- Contact Osilla Institute for an appointment to take the Admission Test. (Fee is $100 CAD)
- Student MUST sign the Enrollment Contract and pay the balance of tuition fees
- Student MUST attend Orientation Day as scheduled
Fee is included in ISP Tuition Fees. See breakdown HERE. Fee schedule must be arranged with Osilla Institute in the application process.
III. PREPARATION FOR PSW PROGRAM
- Student must obtain the following requirements:
– Physical Exam from a Canadian Medical Doctor
– Police Clearance Vulnerability Check from the Canadian City/Region where the student is residing
– First Aid & CPR Level C certification (as scheduled by the school)
– Mask Fit Certification
– Food Handling Certification
Program Fees (CAD)
*Registration/Processing Fee is non-refundable and due upon application. Tuition International Student Fee Books Uniform & Equipment Professional Examination Food handling CPR/First Aid Course Mask Fitting *Registration/Processing Fee Medical insurance and administrative fee **TOTAL 6,000 2,100 250 100 250 100 150 50 500 2500 $12,000
**Prior to arrival in Canada, Students may pre-enroll by paying the 50% of the cost of PSW Program of $6,000 CAD, which includes registration/processing fee.
The remaining balance in the amount of $6000 CAD will be paid within 3 months of arrival in Canada or within starting the program.
International Student Fee
Uniform & Equipment
CPR/First Aid Course
Medical insurance and administrative fee